Ho ho ho all
It’s nearly time to kick off the festive season with the traditional yomp up Arthur’s Seat following by a late lunch at the Sheep Hied in Duddingston. The sharp-eyed amongst you will have spotted that I am not Bill. I am Bill’s not-so-glamorous assistant this year, sending out the details and co-ordinating names and menu choices 🙂
I’m afraid I lack Bill’s literary flair so you’ll just have to make do with the basic essentials from me.
The game plan:
- The date for your diary is Sunday 2 December
- From 10am – drinks, cakes and silly hats at the cafe at Holyroodhouse.
- 11.30am – head up Arthur’s seat for a singing and refreshments (BYO fizz or hip flasks)
- 1pm(ish) – skittles and pre-lunch merriment at the Sheep Hied in Duddingston
- 2.30pm(ish) – three course lunch at Sheep Hied
- After lunch, the usual dispersal into town for those who want to continue festivities at the German market or at a hostelry.
You’re free to join and leave at any time. If you want to join us for lunch – I need you confirm WITH YOUR MENU CHOICES by Friday 23 November. I’ll be confirming numbers that night.
Just let me now and let’s get Xmas 2018 started!!